We are more than happy to perform any emissions repairs on your automobile. Our certified mechanics have over 70 years of combined experience and will make changes and repairs so you pass your emissions test.
Ray’s OK Service is a Wisconsin Department of Transportation qualified business that can perform emissions repairs for your vehicle quickly and successfully. Our goal is to get your car back in working order quickly so you can get pass your test and get back on the road.
What is an Emissions Test?
An emissions test determines the amount of air pollutants emitted from the exhaust of a motor vehicle. The federal Clean Air Act mandates the testing of vehicle emissions in areas of significant air quality problems, including Southeastern Wisconsin. If you pass the test, then you are good to go. But if you fail, you will need repairs to make sure your car meets the standards set by the federal government.
Ray’s OK Service is Wisconsin DOT Qualified to perform emissions repairs on your vehicle to ensure it meets federal standards and passes your next emissions test.
Which Vehicles Require Emissions Testing?
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will let you know if you need to get an emissions test on your car. You need to get an emissions test when you renew license plates or when ownership of the vehicle changes.
Car require emissions testing based on several factors:
- Kenosha, Milwaukee, Racine, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Washington, and Waukesha County
- Autos and light trucks model years 1996 to 2006 that have a gross vehicle rating up to 8,500 pounds, not including diesel powered vehicles.
- Autos and light trucks model years 2007 and newer which have a gross vehicle rating up to 14,000 pounds, including diesel powered vehicles.
Certain regular occasions
- After a transfer of ownership (transfer of plates or new plates issued)
- After first registering in Wisconsin
- Before renewing registration (biennial testing, see below for details).
Some non-regular occasions
- When identified as having tampered emissions equipment
- When identified with fraudulent vehicle location information
- Government vehicles when designated by the department.
When you keep your car in top running condition, you will save time and money in the long run. A well-maintained vehicle provides safe travel for you and your family, giving you security and peace of mind.
RAYS OK SERVICE
Welcome to Ray’s OK Service. Conveniently located in Greenfield, Wisconsin on Loomis Road at I-894. We specialize in the maintenance and repair of foreign and domestic vehicles. Ray’s OK Service originally opened in 1972 by Ray Kurian Sr. and sons. As a family, they built a thriving auto repair business. A company that prides itself on skilled automotive repair services, up to date technology, fair honest pricing, and cordial customer service. Now serving 3rd Generation Customers!!